Las Vegas, Nevada October 5 – 8, 2014 International Business Conference
- Important Dates
- Types of Presentations
- Abstract/Paper Submission Guidelines
- Registration Form
- Registration Payment
- Hotel Information
- Conference Program & Proceedings
The business conference provides a forum for faculty and administrators to present their research on all aspects of business. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Business Education
- Business Ethics
- Business Information Systems
- Business Law
- Business Teaching Methods
- Computer Information Systems
- Diversity Management
- Energy Policy
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- International Business
- International Energy Development & Usage
- Service Science
- Supply Chain Management
- Conference Dates: October 5 – 8, 2014
- Early Payment Discount: September 4, 2014
- Final abstracts/papers due: September 11, 2014
- Hotel room cutoff: Group rate is in effect until September 12, 2014 or until sold out.
Types of Presentations
Regular Presentation: Each presentation is allowed 15-20 minutes to present with 5-6 papers scheduled in incremental 2 hour sessions. Each presentation room is equipped with a MacBook Air computer with Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote and a data projector so you may bring your presentation on a USB flash drive using either software. Prezi presentations must be downloaded to your flash drive and brought to the conference. Transparency projectors are not provided. Internet service is not provided by the Clute Institute.
Poster Presentation: If you prefer to present to an individual or small group face to face, we offer a poster presentation for your convenience. Each poster is displayed in a one hour session. There is no requirement on the size of the poster. Table and chairs will be provided, however, easels and display boards are not. Posters cannot be pinned or taped to the walls.
Virtual Presentation: If you cannot attend our conference but still wish to have your paper presented, we offer a virtual presentation for your convenience. Your paper will be presented electronically via MacBook Air computer for viewing and discussion using PowerPoint or Keynote with narration (voice-over) by The Clute Institute staff. You are still required to submit a proposal/abstract or full paper, and one author must pay the registration fee. After the conference has ended, you will receive a copy of the conference program, certificate of presentation, and the proceedings on a USB flash drive.
Workshop: If you prefer to interact with participants using a hands-on approach, we offer a workshop for your convenience. You are allowed to organize your workshop however you see fit. Workshops are held in 1 or 2 hour sessions and are not available on the first day of the conference. The workshop area will be equipped with a MacBook Air computer and projector if you would like to use one, otherwise you may bring your own.
Attending Only: You are also invited to attend the conference, even if you choose not to present a paper.
Abstract/Paper Submission Guidelines
- institutional affiliation
- mailing address, and
- email address for all authors
- and should not exceed 1500 words in length.
- Paper size: letter (8.5 X 11 inches)
- One inch margins
- Microsoft Word or compatible software
- Times New Roman, 10 points
- 10 page maximum – $10 per page if over 10 pages
Submit Your Proposal/Abstract or Full Paper
Please indicate the specific conference for which the paper is being submitted. To ensure that your presentation appears in the conference proceedings, please submit the final version by September 11, 2014. For final versions and new submissions submitted after this date, please contact us to make arrangements. Attending only registrations are welcome at any time.
The conference registration fee includes:
- Admission to both conferences at that location
- Approximate 20-minute time slot to present one paper at the conference
- A copy of the conference program
- A copy of the proceedings on a USB flash drive
- A certificate of presentation (or participation if attending only)
- Admission to all receptions, coffee breaks, etc.
- A complimentary standard journal review of your conference paper for up to one year from the date of the conference (open access fees apply).
Note: All attending conference participants must pay the prepaid registration fee and at least one author per paper must attend, unless the paper is being presented in a virtual session. Spouses and children whose names do not appear in the program are not required to pay the registration fee.
The location for our 2014 International Business Conference in Las Vegas is the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino – right in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip.
We have very good room rates for the Monte Carlo: $85 per night + $20 resort fee and taxes during the conference (Sunday through Thursday) with preceding Friday and Saturday night rates at $135 + $20 resort fee and taxes. The resort fee includes in-room internet, fitness center access, coffee and bottled water.
Monte Carlo Resort and Casino
3770 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109 USA
There are a limited number of rooms available at the group rate, so book your room as soon as possible. This rate is in effect until September 12, 2014 or until sold out.
Please mention your affiliation with Clute Institute when booking reservations to receive the group rate.
Reservations may be booked by calling the Monte Carlo Hotel Reservation Department at 1-800-311-8999 or by visiting https://aws.passkey.com/g/20171413
For additional information about the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, visit their website.
Conference Program & Proceedings
Note: The Clute Institute will make every effort to accommodate, but cannot guarantee, your preferred presentation dates and times.
2014 Las Vegas conference proceedings will be available on our website after the conference.
- Dress Code: We do not have a dress code; what goes for classroom attire goes for our conferences. The important thing is to be comfortable.
- Presentation Timing: We allow approximately 20 minutes for each presentation.
- Airfare: Consult with your travel agent or search the Internet (priceline.com, cheaptickets.com, expedia.com, lowestfare.com etc.) for the lowest fare. We permit last-minute changes in your presentation schedule to accommodate your travel arrangements.
- CPE Credit: Professionals seeking Continuing Professional Education Credit should contact the conference chair or indicate on the Registration Form that they must receive CPE credit for attending the conference. Necessary paperwork is required and will be available at the conference registration desk.
- Organize a Session: Faculty may organize their own session, invite participants, and serve as the session chair. Please contact us at Staff@CluteInstitute.com to make arrangements.
- Late Submission: If you missed a deadline, please email Staff@CluteInstitute.com or call The Clute Institute at 303-904-4750.
- Abstract-Only Publications: Authors often elect to publish only the abstract of their presentation in the conference proceedings. This effectively gives the author until the conference to complete the paper. This also means that the author is free to submit the paper to another journal without copyright consequences because the paper has never been published elsewhere since only the abstract was published in the proceedings. The Clute Institute does not copyright the proceedings, which means that authors are still free to do as they see fit with the paper. Consequently, authors can claim academic credit for a conference presentation, a refereed conference proceedings publication, and possibly a journal publication (from one of our journals or a different journal) from one piece of research.
- Republishing a Presentation: Authors are free to publish their presentation elsewhere without permission from the Clute Institute because authors retain copyright ownership of their presentation. However, as a condition of participation in a Clute Institute conference, authors must give the Clute Institute permission to publish their presentations in hardcopy, online, or elsewhere and impose access/printing fees where necessary.
- Attending Only: You may attend both the business conference and the education conference for one registration fee. A Registration Form for either conference is all that is needed (as well as the registration fee). Please indicate “attending only” on the registration form.
- Cancelations: A full refund will be given for cancellations received on or before May 7, 2014. A $50 fee is assessed if notice of cancellation is received after May 7, 2014 and on or before June 1, 2014. No refund will be given for cancellations received after June 1, 2014. A pre-paid $25 fee is imposed on conference transfers from one conference to another. The Clute Institute reserves the right to cancel a conference in the event of a natural disaster, terrorist act, strike, government regulation, act of God, or any other emergency making it illegal or impossible to hold the conference. In the event of a conference cancellation, The Clute Institute will only be responsible for returning the attendee’s conference registration fees.